Friday, December 20, 2019

Sewing Update

I am just about finished with the Cape Cod Capelet. I need to attach the collar, hem and sew. I thought I would have this done before now.  This week has been several doctor appointments for my DH and I sat in on them both.

Today we are venturing out to do some shopping-the traffic has been horrible this week and due in part to so many people shopping and kids getting out of school. I am determined to finish this capelet tomorrow.

I read reviews on PR yesterday and a new to me fabric store was mentioned. So my inquiry mind had to go check it out. It is Mily Mae Fabrics; some of you may already know about this store.

I think I mentioned in my previous post about wanting to find distressed knit that was not white.  Well, they have several colors of distressed knit. I ordered Menthol and got a notice that it was shipped, probably will not get it until after Christmas and that is okay with me. My plan is to sew the
New Look pattern short version sweatshirt.



My sewjo is returning still at level 4 at this time and I am planning to keep it going!

I want to make this McCall's top pattern. I have a burnt orange fabric (top of the pile) from Girl Charlie purchased a few years ago that I plan to use. I have read several reviews of this pattern so I have a good idea of what to look out for.

That's all for now DH is waiting for me to go!


2 comments:

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...