Current project

I am putting aside the G&G pattern as the drafting seems off to me.  The asymmetrical neckline pieces did not align when taping pieces together.  I was able to align it by drawing new lines.

As most of you know I do the pin fitting method for almost all of my patterns. Attempting this with this pattern was an eye-opener.  The bottom of the armhole was way too high after pinning the shoulders. I normally sew size 14-16 with the Big 4 and even most indie patterns.  I need to revaluate the drafting of this pattern as perhaps I need a size or two larger than this for this pattern line.

I decided to sew some paper patterns and will now work on Simplicity 8889

I just cut around the top pattern pieces and will pin fit them next. After reading a few reviews on PR, I will most likely lengthen the front as I want it to cover more of my abdomen. I will adjust the back as well to keep the high/low look.

The McCall's top is complete and once I press it I will take some pictures of me wearing.  The snaps worked out great!

More updates later!





Comments

  1. Best wishes on S8889! I hope you get it fitting to your liking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we have to move on from a project. Hopefully this one works out well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Butterick 6628 Complete

Deja Vu and this and that

M7904-The shirt that is a shirt now!

Archive

Show more