Sunday, February 10, 2019

January into February plans

I completed one of my three January projects, the Jalie Mimosa top.  I think I have posted enough about this top and I truly love it.  The other two versions will get attention later.

My next project in the works, finally, is the Ellie and Mac Undercover HoodieI printed, taped and traced the bodice front and back for pin fitting.  I made my usual FBA and chose the large size for this project.  I also made swayback and forward shoulder adjustments.

I finally decided on what fabrics I will use.  All are from my stash with two being ones left over from other projects.  The third fabric is a ponte knit I purchased from Fabric Mart in 2017.

It is a border print in black and cream.  The cream color matches the solid and textured cream fabrics being used.  Yesterday I cut out the front and back bodice. The pocket piece for this pattern is really an overlay of one side of the front that will be the black/cream fabric.

This is my first Ellie and Mac pattern and my first time making a hoodie.  Doesn't seem very difficult but there are lots of parts to this pattern.  Once completed I will be making the Fulton Sweater Blazer.

Will post more later.

4 comments:

  1. I bought that border print too! LOVE it even though my finished garment didn't work out...I hope you have better success with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I had planned to make a dress with it a long time ago. Today I just don't need many dresses. Nice fabric to cut and sew.

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda! I saw you on Pinterest and thought it was you! Love that fabric, can't wait to see it made up! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...