Sunday, January 13, 2019

January Project Plans

As usual, I have lots of ideas for sewing projects.  Most of the time I may complete one or two for a particular month.  So I have decided on three projects.  First project and already started is Jalie 3890 Mimosa Top.

This is a versatile top pattern; it has three sleeve variations.  I plan to make the long sleeve with flounce top.  I am using a print fabric that is peaking out behind the pattern as seen above.  I also have a solid blue fabric piece that I am considering for the flounce.

My second planned project is an Ellie and Mac pattern called the Undercover Hoodie.
from E&M website
I like the look of this hoodie and will allow me to mix and match some leftover fabrics.

My final planned project is the new Fulton Sweater Blazer. I have several medium/heavyweight fabric that I think will be perfect for this.

I have printed, taped and traced the Jalie pattern.  Next is to pin fit the traced pattern for additional adjustments.  I have reduced the length of the front and back bodice by one inch.  I made a 5/8 inch swayback adjustment; my usual.  After pin fitting, I will most likely have to do a forward shoulder adjustment and maybe/maybe not FBA. My current plan is to do the fitting this afternoon and cut out the fabric.

Hope your weekend is going well.  Updates to follow.



6 comments:

  1. Thank you!! for this post. I had seen that hoodie on Facebook quickly scrolling by and I've been trying to find it ever since for a closer look. I couldn't even remember the name of the pattern co. so I was striking out completely. I'll be watching to see how you get along with the pattern. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be curious on your opinion of the Fulton! I love that collar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that collar too! I see a lot of this style collar on TV on female anchors or talk shows. I purchased the Butterick jacket pattern with this collar also.

      Delete
  3. Such great choices! The Mimosa top with the flounce is so cute! Also, that Fulton blazer...WOW! I am so in love with the notched collar feature popping up everywhere. I think there were a few patterns in the Ottobre Woman from 2018' that had that detail. I am excited to see how yours turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will really love the updates from your projects as I have gone through few of your projcts before and really enjoyed reading them all.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...