Saturday, October 27, 2018

Back on Track for sewing some indie patterns.

Prior to the pant journey, I was going to sew some indie patterns, particularly for the Sew a Garment a Month group.  The theme was to sew 3. Three of anything, blouses/tops/pants/etc.  My plan was to sew three indie patterns. 

Today I taped all the pieces together for the Blank Slate Pattern Austin T.  I have had this pattern since 2017 and there was an update in March that I added. I am sewing the front without the center front seam and adding the tie in the front.  I see many tops with a tie on various websites such as Nordstrom and Macy's and this pattern was perfect for this.

The fabric I am using is a recent purchase from Simply By Ti. (I am not an affiliate). 

This is a weighty rayon knit. It is a black background with peach and coral flowers.  It has a good recovery and a nice stretch for this pattern.

I will update you on the progress of this new to me pattern.

3 comments:

  1. Nice fabric and that's tee has the cutiest little front detail. Thanks for the fabric store intro. I'm saving it under "Affordable Fabric Sources".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her prices currently are good. She sent an email saying she is trying to keep prices low but with tariff situation between US and China, prices may have to go up. What she has in stock now is continuing at a good price.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...