Raglan tees have been very popular through out the blogsphere. I have purchased quite a few patterns for this style with success and misses.. The first one I made was a Kwik Sew version in 2014. I like this one though a little snug. I used a heavier weight knit for this one and still wear it on occasion.
I attempted a Burda and Angela Wolf versions; they were never completed as something went wrong during construction and I had no desire to fix the issues.
I have a few favorite raglan tops I have saved on Pinterest and I posted about here.
For this top I used Jalie 3245 and with some adjustments before and during sewing I created a top I really like.
Some adjustments made were raising the front neckline by about 2 inches, making a 3/4 inch swayback adjustment, adding a 1/2 inch to hip area and making 1/2 inch FBA using pivot method on front only. I used Size Y for the upper chest and neckline and transitioned to AA from there.
During the fitting process I ended up taking 5/8 seam allowance at the front and back sleeves area where it attaches to the bodice. I also ended up taking 1/2 inch seam from waist to bottom and 5/8 above waist through the sleeves. The seam allowance called for with the pattern was 1/4. Obviously I could have used Size Y and Z. Yet I will keep my traced pattern as it is now and have noted to take deeper seams.
I serged this throughout after basting the side seam for fitting. I used my coverstitch machine for the hems on the sleeves, the bodice hem and neckline.
I see more use of this pattern in the future. I do have a couple of other indie patterns to try also.
I wore this to work yesterday, another casual Friday look for me. The wearability of this was perfect.
I was in a store and paying for my purchase. The sales person asked where I got this top, I told her it was a "Danville Girl Design" and she said she had not heard of this line before. I then told her I made it. She was impressed and said she had ordered a similar top from LuLaRoe.
Next project waiting for completion is Maria Denmark Kimono Top. I only need to hem the bodice and I am done. I have a McCall's pattern cut out and ready to sew. I have made this particular pattern twice. This is becoming a TNT for me.