Thursday, March 24, 2016

Tidbits

I  was surprised to see I had not posted since 3-14.  I know I had several blog post thoughts and obviously they have been stuck in my head.

I went on a pattern buying binge recently.  I took advantage of Simplicity pattern sale at JoAnn's a few weeks ago, here's what I purchased.  The McCall's was not on sale though it was 40% off as they usually are at JoAnn's.  The Simplicity was $1.99 (I think) each.






I have pin fitted the McCall's pattern taking into account the amount of ease for this full flowing top. I still made a FBA of an inch and moved the dart created to the gathering edge of the front piece that attaches to the center front placket.  I also made my usual FSA and swayback adjustment.  I went with the size S again because of the amount of ease.

I hope to cut this pattern out tonight as I am off for Good Friday and I am also taking Easter Monday as a day off.  Hope to get some serious sewing in this weekend.

I also took advantage of the recent Club BMV pattern sale and you can go here and here.

I also purchased two lovely fabrics from a new to me fabric source-The Fabric Market.  I have not taken photos of the fabrics and will do so soon.  Let me say the quality was very nice and the customer service was prompt, the fabric arrived about three days after making the purchase.

More updates soon......

3 comments:

  1. The simplicity 8090 top looks cute! Hope you get lots of sewing done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda. I like the top as it is somewhat boxy with a little extra something.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm actually sewing the 8090 top with the ruffle myself. I am an intermediate sewer but for some reason the ruffle is stumping me. I'm redoing it and am going to try it again. Have you started this one yet? Would love your thoughts.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...