Sunday, July 19, 2015

Delivered Saturday

My first fabric purchase from Girl Charlee arrived today.  I love the striped fabric, a little softer than I thought it would be.  The colors were much better than I anticipated.  Now just need to decide what it will become.

The two lining fabrics, both nylon knit, were not what I expected.  I think they will do well as knit lining fabrics though heavier than I have used before from another source.  The price was right and I like to have lining fabric on hand, woven and knit.

Pink and ivory millskin nylon lining knit

Orange,beige,black and light coral knit

6 comments:

  1. The striped fabric is lovely. I have never worked with a heavier nylon lining -- curious to see what you say about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have not washed this lining fabric yet so I also want to see how it does when washed. My concern is that it is going to feel hot when wearing and it is warm/hot weather.

      Delete
  2. Pretty stripes. I'm liking the look of the lining fabrics... off to check it out.. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. Girl Charlee was having a sale and I got the knit lining for $3.99 a yard.

      Delete
  3. Ah - there goes the wallet! I love GC knits. Their cotton and cotton blends are so dependably nice. have fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first purchase. I do like the quality of this knit. I will purchase from them again. Shipping seemed to be a little slow but coming from west coast perhaps I was expecting arrival to soon.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...