Jacket update

I decided that I would use "Design Plus" fusible bias stay tape for the remaining edges of the jacket.
If you look at this fabric wrong, it ravels! 

I discovered that I was looking at View A peplum instructions; this view has double peplums.  So the lining of the peplum yesterday proved to be a waste of time.  I also realized this morning when fixing my first cup of coffee that I had not adjusted the front area of the peplum to match the added length due to FBA.  Thankfully I had enough fabric to cut out another peplum.  Here is the adjusted peplum piece with the 1.5 inch adjustment.  I had added 5/8 to the side back pattern piece for hip fluff and had added that to the peplum piece when I first cut out the pattern.
I attached the peplum pieces to front and back.  I tried on the jacket for additional fitting.  My jacket is looking more boxy than the drawing of the patterns on the pattern envelope and instruction sheet.  It looks like I really need to take deeper seams at center and side back seams as well as side seams from waist to hip area. 

I realize that this pattern line is drafted more for a pear shape person and I am definitely not that shape.  I cut the shoulder and upper chest at size 12 tapering to 16 at bust down.  Big mistake on my part, yet that is what I usually do with Vogue and Butterick.   All in all it is better that it is too large then too small.

More updates later.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing This and That 9-2017

Checking In

On to the next project!

Sewcialists

Sewcialists