Monday, September 02, 2013

V8904

I read all the reviews of this pattern on PR which was helpful in knowing what to expect. I found a lightweight knit lining fabric in my stash that I either purchased from EOS or from Fabrique in Charlottesville, VA.  Several suggested going with a lighter weight knit for the front and back dress pieces so I decided to use this fabric for that.

I made several pattern adjustments to suit my fit and style.  I raised the neckline and added width to the shoulders.  I use the pivot and slide method to add to bust, just in case.  I made forward shoulder adjustments, took 3/8 inch horizontal tuck in upper chest and back to bring the under arm up closer to my arm join. I am making vesion A which is short, so added two inches to the length and added to the bottom tier fabric also.

Fabric is cut out except for sleeves and neckband.  Just getting pattern prepped for use, then washing the knit lining fabric for use took as much time as it will be to sew this dress.  More updates to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this project, my dear Linda, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...