Friday, April 13, 2012

Next up-jacket and dress

I fell in like with Vogue 8799 when new spring patterns were introduced.  As any good Club BMV member would do, I waited for a sale and purchased this pattern.  I have not made a jacket since the faux sherpa jacket this past winter. Thus making this jacket will be a new adventure.  I also plan to make the dress as well; this too will be an interesting journey as well

After arriving home this evening and having some free time, I visited the sewing room to look at knit fabrics and patterns thinking I would make one more top for the Starting at the Top sew along.  I just was not feeling the love for any of my knit fabrics that I have in the sewing room.

I was feeling the love for several woven fabrics and decided that I was going to start to work on making some other items.  This pattern was laying on the top of a stack of patterns and that led me to finding the recent "tangerine" cotton herringbone fabric I recently purchased from Gorgeous Fabrics.  This will be the jacket.



This is fabric I purchased in 2011 from Sawyer Brook and the orange is close match to the jacket fabric.  This is a woven cotton with a raised pattern.  This will be the dress.

The back of the pattern envelope states this is an unlined jacket nor does it reference that the dress, top, pants or skirt are lined.  However the pattern pieces clearly states how many pieces to cut of fabric and lining.  This was unexpected so I will be going through my lining fabric to see if I have the appropriate lining or do I need to purchase tomorrow.

I have cut around the pattern pieces, but have not begun the pattern fitting and measuring yet.  I have worked up an appetite so decided it was time to fix a small dinner for me.  More updates later.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I want to make the dress from this pattern so I will be paying close attention to your journey. You're almost making me want to pull my fabric out and sew along too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I have pin fitted the dress and mainly I did my usual fitting adjustments. I have the fabric mostly cut out. I have two pieces left. Have not cut out lining fabric yet.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful fabrics. Should look lovely in that fab pattern. Personally I am not fussed with the sleeves on the jacket, but I love the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if I overly excited about the jacket. Currently I just have the dress almost cut out, still have to do the lining.

      Delete
  3. I'd missed that pattern - it looks really classy and elegant. Love that pattern and fabric combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fabrics. Can't wait to see your dress and jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this pattern too. I really like the colors of your fabrics. The dress and jacket is going to be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...