Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sewing continues

I have made good progress on the dress.  The lining is complete and only a few adjustments necessary for that.  The front unit of the dress is basically complete.  I basted in the pleats to get an idea of how the pleats were going to behave.  I think I will end up stitching down the pleats partially.  I am not sure that the pleats on my dress will droop more than I would prefer or how they appear in the drawing on the pattern envelope.

The model wearing the print dress does not truly allow one to see the actual pleats.  Next up is to sew the back bodice to skirt and then I will baste side seams to get the full idea of this is going to look.

The lining adjustments only required taking a 1/2 inch seam from waist to hip and then about midway from hip to hem, I used 5/8 seam allowance.  I also had to reduced the length of the waist darts and lengthen the side darts.  On the fabric front piece I kept the side darts as they were.

More later.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. Best wishes and hope it comes out the way you want! I look forward to seeing what you do with the pleats.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...