Sunday, October 09, 2011

Back from Asheville

Well I am back from my recent business trip to Asheville, NC.  Let me say that it has been several years since I visited this lovely city. I wish I could have extended my stay there.  There is so much to see and I just did not get the time to do all that I would have liked.

I did get some time to visit Waechter's Fine Fabrics.  They were about 10 minutes from the hotel. Once I checked in and knew I had about four hours before the reception, I entered address into Verizon Navigator and I was on my way.   I did find some fabulous fabrics and picked up a few independent patterns.  Their employees were so helpful and entertaining.  It was a great visit.

I have been recharging camera batteries so I could take a few photos of my newest items to my fabric/pattern collection.

I resumed my sewing again yesterday evening and getting closer to finishing the Simplicity skirt.  It is not a real difficult pattern to sew; the challenge for me is the sewing steps are rather different from my thoughts on how you would sew it.  Yet their way makes a lot of sense.

I am hoping that I now have several weeks ahead of me for sewing and less traveling.  I have so many sewing ideas and items I want to sew.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...