Sunday, July 10, 2011

Where did last week go and what's ahead

I hardly spent anytime during the past week in my sewing room.  Completing one wadder and one top last weekend was the last sewing I did.  Things were crazy at work with a colleague leaving to take a position in another state.  It was like a week of cramming for an upcoming exam.  There was a lot I needed to finalize with her before she left.

Next week-a stay/sewcation.  Yes.  This AM I spent time adjusting a pattern for another knit top/tunic.  It is a McCall's pattern.  I hope I did not flub up too much on the pattern adjustment.  I had to make a FBA of about 2 inches and I wanted to get rid of the resulting dart.  I followed a technique that Debbie Cook posted about and have used it several times.  But I think I may end up with an issue with this one. 

I plan to use a knit fabric that has been in my stash for several years to test it.  It is one that I was not overly crazy about after purchasing, thus if outcome is negative, I want be overly concerned about the loss of this particular fabric. 

I also downloaded the free pattern from Collette Patterns for a sleeveless top with front pleat.  I printed and pasted all the pages together and plan to trace this pattern for fitting and sewing also.

I also want to make a few more dresses.  I purchased these two Simplicity Patterns yesterday while out doing some shopping chores--Simplicity 2145 and Simplicity 2146.  I fell in love with red/black dress on this pattern and recently saw this dress on some TV program.  In black and cream.

Updates later.

2 comments:

  1. Those are two very cute dresses, have a great sewcation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, enjoy your sewcation! I could use one of those about now.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...