Friday, March 25, 2011

More fabric arrived today

I decided to order another few fabric pieces.  My Vogue Fabric subscription came up for renewal and while online renewing that I decided to order some fabrics from their Early Spring 2011 Mailing.  Their theme for this mailing was a tribute to Coco Chanel.

I ordered fabrics that I intend to make up into dresses and one is for a blouse or shell or both.

Cotton-rayon-spandex-Vogue Fab 3252011

This is a cotton-rayon spandex that my thought when seeing it was a sleeveless dress with waistline and I would wear a belt with it.

This red/white houndstooth will become a princess seamed dress; maybe with in seam pockets.  I just ordered and received a pair of red patent leather pumps from Zappa.com. 

Houndstooth red-white cotton-Vogue Fab 3252011

This is a lovely polyester fabric in French blue, with gray and black.  I could not get a true color of the blue-gray with my camera; even with editing I did not achieve the beautiful color blue in the actual piece.  Polyester-French blue-gray-black-Vogue Fabr 3252011

I ordered enough for a blouse and hopefully a shell top.

I am off now to pin fit a Jalie pattern-2921 to make a top from this knit fabric purchased earlier this year from Denver Fabrics:

Multi color geometric-stripe knit-Denver Fabrics-2-2011

Hope everyone has a good sewing weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabric! I especially love the houndstooth. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Jalie pattern that you are working on now. Do you think that would work in a thin stripe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zappa.com? Maybe Zappos? Very nice fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...