Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jalie 2921

I cut out and started sewing the Jalie top yesterday.  I love the collar and the way they have you attach it. As others mentioned on PR, you need to follow the instructions and it will all work out correctly.  It did.

I read numerous reviews at PR as I know some sewists had issues with the collar-either too long, or not laying correctly at back neck.  For me I should have raised the front neckline about 3/4 of inch as I find it a little low.  Depending on how I tie the tie collar it helps camouflage this.    I will adjust the pattern piece to fix this for the next one.

As with most patterns but particularly with Jalie the back is always rather large and long on me. I ended up cutting out 3/8 inch in the back armsyce area.  I also found I could take a deeper than 1/4 inch seam from under the arms down.  The sleeves on the other hand seem to run small and using 1/4 inch seam allowance for them is necessary.  Overall I am pleased with the outcome and will wear this top with some additional tweaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...