Sunday, December 05, 2010

Skirt needs hemming

Skirt is complete.  I had some trials and tribulations with this pattern.  Mainly because of how I cut the lining fabric.  I should have done it differently.  In the end I just remove the lining.  Now the skirt hangs better and the front crossover pieces have reduced bulk in the seams. There are still some concerns with the front overlapping pieces but this is pattern design not operator issues.

I have threaded the blind hemmer and trialing the hem on some leftover fabric before attempting to hem the skirt.  I purchased new needles for the hemmer, had to order them online.  I acquired them from the Sewing Warehouse Supply store in Florida.  Quick and prompt service.

Hope to share the completed skirt later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...