Sunday, December 12, 2010

Productive sewing day

I really enjoyed sewing today, particularly because the fabrics are wonderful to sew.  Also this is a very easy pattern to sew as well.  I completed the pattern fitting and adjusting yesterday.  This AM, I laid out the fabric and pattern and had it cut out within an hour.  I was able to start sewing before DH awoke. 

After breakfast, I resumed sewing.  If I had not had other pressing things to do I probably could have completed the dress.  All that is left to do is sew sleeve seams, attach the black sleeve band and insert all into dress. 

The dress calls for a zipper.  However I found it was very easy to pull this over my head.  Probably because it is a double knit with some give.  I think if I used a woven fabric, I would insert a zipper.

The geometric print with black trim seems to give it a '60's feeling.  I love the fit.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...