Sencha Debut



Here is the completed blouse. I ended up having to take deeper side seams after I sewed on the buttons and tried this blouse on again. I will make more blouses from this pattern but found I really can go down about two sizes in the shoulder/upper chest and go down one size for bust to hip. I ended up taking one inch side seam.







Here is a view of the back. I learned from making this blouse that the back turn back needs to be interfaced up to the fold line. I used water soluble tearaway stabilizer underneath as I sewed the buttonholes and buttons.
All in all I am satisfied with this blouse but the next one will be a better fit.
I did get the sewing machine and serger set up for the McCall's top. Most of my day was spent on putting down new area rugs, laundry and trying to get my netbook to connect with my router. No success there.
More later.

Comments

  1. It's beautiful! That fabric is very nice for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I can see why this is such a popular pattern. It's perfect for a spring/summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blouse and thanks for the information on the water soluble tearaway stabilizer. I just bought a roll of it for embroidering towels and never thought to use it for my buttonholes/buttons... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, looks like a vintage 40's top pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, very fresh and spring-ready. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I'm going to start a second one pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooooo cute. I love fruit on fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blouse. It's a really great style and I love that pretty fabric - the colours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very cheerful--perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blouse is very springy.It looks perfect for a 70's weather day!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Out with the Old, In with the New

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Oh no!

Sewcialists

Sewcialists