Buttonholes are completed on Sencha blouse. I only need to sew on the buttons. Fortunately I had some in my collection that I think works well with the blouse. Hopefully will get those sewn on this evening and the blouse will be complete.
I have the McCall's top cut out and ready to sew. My issue with this top is thread. I am having a heck of a time finding a matching thread. The ones that are readily available to me are either too green or too blue. Frustrating! Trying to match with colors on my monitor with online thread sources will be a hit and miss. When all else fails I use grey serger thread. Only with any topstitching, this will not work. I will come up with some sort of solution.
After I make these two tops, I think I will tackle another dress pattern and I want to make a jacket. Have not made a jacket in along time. I think the last one I made was a BWOF one.
More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August Sewing Simplicity 7295
I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...
-
I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...
-
On to the next project. I made this pattern previously. I made View C. I wear the top frequently though I feel it is a little large on me....
Wow--you are on a roll! Anxious to see your finished garments.
ReplyDeleteI can;t wait to see your Sencha! It is such a beautiful pattern, and I've only heard good of it.
ReplyDelete