Top is cut out.

I ended up changing the fabric for the Simplicity top. The black I was going to use is a real unknown, meaning I have no clue what the fabric type is. It does have some stretch but rather see through as well. Not what I am wanting at this time.

I thought about using a polyester charmeuse, but wasn't up to the challenge of cutting this fabric without some paper underneath the fabric to control the slipping. I have added paper to my ever growing list of things I must purchase tomorrow.

The fabric I selected is a silk dupioni that has been in my fabric stash for at least 4 to 5 years. It is a warm pink shade that I acquired from a silk fabric co-op that does not exist anymore. This was the only fabric I purchased from this co-op. It is a perfect pink color for me as I am not much of pink person. This pink is on the warm side of the scale. It also goes great with the fabric I purchased in October to make a boucle jacket. That fabric contains grey, black,white, pink and yellow. I pressed the fabric making sure that the folds had not faded and I am happy to report that was not the case at all.

I am going to make View E with neckline ruffle. I may replace the tie piece that is affixed to the ruffle at the shoulder area with a rose that is included as a pattern piece. One of the views shows roses all around the neckline.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Out with the Old, In with the New

Simplicity 8425

Sewcialists

Sewcialists