Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Monday sewing update

Blouse is progressing along. I ran into some fitting opportunities. I had high hopes of finishing the blouse yesterday. Making fitting adjustments and then DH having a dental emergency took taking me away from sewing for a period of time.



Fitting opportunities included:


  1. Taking a deeper shoulder seam.

  2. Adjusting darts in back by taking a deeper dart-I have a narrow back.

  3. Making the vertical front darts deeper.

  4. Taking a deeper side seam from under arm to waist.

  5. Trimming the sleeve cap by 1/4 inch to allow for deeper shoulder seam.

I also had to redo one side of the invisible zipper as the center back pieces did not line up correctly after inserting the other side of the zipper. In the past I may have let this go, now I find it unacceptable.


My plans this AM are to finish the blouse, provided DH's dental situation does not require some of my time.


3 comments:

  1. I like that...fitting opportunities! Hope your husband's dental issues are resolved quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you really have your tailoring skills down. My tailoring skills are still very much in the development stage. I sometimes get a little frustrated with myself, but I have to remind myself that I have only been sewing for a year and can't expect perfection. I just keep working at it, and trust that I will get better as my experience level rises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to be able to fit? When you can fit your patterns, RTW doesn't usually please anymore.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...