Saturday, July 11, 2009

Next up-Skirts

I completed the Butterick dress. All I needed to do was hem it which I did this evening after returning from Danville and visiting MIL. I used my coverstitch machine. I used a tip from Linda T, I used vanishing thread in my bobbin and then basted the hem of the dress in place with right side of dress toward bobbin. The bobbin thread was then the guide for sewing the coverstitch hem on the dress. This worked great-thank you Linda T for this most helpful tip! I then took my water dauber bottle and wet the vanishing thread and viola! it was washed away.

Tomorrow, I will pin fit two McCall's skirt patterns and then cut out both skirts. I will definitely use the fabric I recently acquired from Les Fabrique for this one. I am anticipating using the fabric from EOS for the other one; this is the black and fuschia on cream background fabric. I also have some other fabric in mind, one that has been in my fabric stash for sometime.

So many ideas and limited time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...