Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sewing today

I started on another Butterick skirt today. This is a silk tweed fabric that I think I purchased at least and probably more than a couple of years ago. I think I purchased it from Fabric Mart. I remember I purchased it to make a short sleeve jacket using a Sandra Betzina pattern. I had made that pattern before and thought this would make up differently than the original one that was a linen fabric. For whatever reason the jacket never got made and the fabric kept being put back in the fabric stash.

So now after 2 years + it has become a skirt. I really love the fit of the previous Butterick skirt I made. With fitting adjustments made from previous version, I made fairly good progress on it this AM. The fabric is proving to be easy to sew and not as ravely as I thought it might. Has good body to it and probably will not wrinkle as much as the linen for the previous version.

DH and I are having a date night tonight as I am going to be traveling for business tomorrow and will be back Tuesday evening. I will be in Fredericksburg, VA and I hope to do a search later to see if there is a fabric store near where I will be staying and meeting. The good news is that I am on vacation the remainder of the week when I return and have some sewing projects in mind.

I will post some photos of the WIP later. I also completed my test garment for my first Lutterloh pattern last night and will write more about that later.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great night and a safe trip.

    Looking forward to seeing your new skirt, and the Lutterloh test garment.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...