Thursday, February 12, 2009

On to the next project

Now that I have put aside the Vogue jacket, I want to make something from the February BWOF issue. There are so many things to choose from. My key favorites are: the knit top/dress, this jacket, this simple top and this dress.

I still want to make a jacket for my skirt. However with the warming trend we have had lately (though I see from the weather channel we are heading for colder spell again) I am leaning more and more toward sleeveless top with cardigan to go with the skirt to transition into spring.

Again this week I have worked late hours and taking time to exercise as I know this helps me physically as well as mentally with stress that by the time I get home, I just don't have energy to actually do anything in my sewing room. The good news is this weekend is wide open for sewing opportunities.

My day has started early. I have a breakfast meeting and seminar to attend today. Our ASG meeting is tonight so I get to be around some other sewists. Later.

10 comments:

  1. I really wish I had this issue, but I'm thinking at this point my subscription won't start until the March issue. Oh well. I'm really liking that simple knit top! (And, btw, the links for the simple top and the dress both go to the top.)

    Looking forward to seeing whichever one you decide to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the Vogue jacket 7975? Oh, too bad; I hate when that happens. But those BWOF patterns are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Linda, feels good to let it go, right? I'm working on something that I shouldn't have started but was too curious and now I've got the drags...awful thing, those "drags". I'll finish and toss or whatever, I'm too stubborn. But for you: on to better things! I agree the Feb BWOF is full of cute things but I couldn't wear that jacket with my narrow shoulders even though I adore the collar. I have to watch out for raglan sleeves: they don't do my shape any favors. I look forward to seeing what you pick next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a long day today, don't you? Hope your ASG meeting goes well! Sometimes I feel like you do--after working all day, then exercising, it's hard to get into the sewing room and do anything productive! I'm trying to keep my weekends free for sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about the jacket but some things apparently are not meant to be. At least you are smart enough to just put it aside. That's great news about DH. The Feb Burda is one of my all time favorites and really has my sewing mojo going for Spring. I'm on the prowl for mustard lace fabric for the 118A knit top.(Of course, I have fabric that will work nicely but...)Have a great sewing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad for your jacket, I would do the same as you, jump to another project.
    I bought the Feb BWOF and do love the jacket and it's part of my wishlist, particularly since I've seen the good job done on it by la Sewista http://lasewist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. February was such a great issue! This weather is really tempting me into Spring sewing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the Vogue jacket, I do like all the BWOF garments you have picked out. Have a fun sewing weekend.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...