Friday, December 28, 2007

Sewing for Dec 28'07

Today was shopping day for household items as well as groceries. The only sewing done was late afternoon and I continued to work on my black skirt. I sewed the back and side back pieces this afternoon. I am making Vogue 7937, View B with the back slits and tabs on the front. I have to tell you I am really liking the fabric I am working with. It is a black wool gabardine I purchased from Fabric Mart about three years ago. It is such a pleasure to work with this fabric. It sews up well and though it ravels some, not excessively.

Shot of front piece with tabs attached.










The skirt does not have a lining. I cut one using the fabric pieces and reducing their length. This is a black lining I purchased earlier this year from Schoolhouse Fabrics in Floyd, VA. about 45 minute drive from my home. They have the best assortment of colors from which to choose.

Sewing this skirt has taken me away somewhat from completing the jacket, and I really needed a small break. I did purchase shoulder pads today for the jacket ,as well as black coat/jacket hook and eyes. I continued to work on weaving the trim to complete enough to sew around all the edges prior to shopping today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...