Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thank you!

I wanted to thank all of you for your compliments about my dress and jacket. I have to admit I am ready to move on to something else. Dress is hemmed and ready to wear. The jacket still needs the buttonholes and buttons attached.

Many of you asked about the fabric. One the color is really a dark taupe/light brown; however when the light from the flash is used it may make the fabric look grayish. On the wrong side, it looks much more like brown.

As to the fabric type???????????? It looks like a linen from the wrong side but from the right side, it has a reptile/snake skin look. I think that it is a cotton-polyester blend of some sort. I have not tried a burn test. It does not wrinkle excessively like linen or some cottons.

I purchased the fabric earlier this year from a fabric store in Floyd, VA. It is called Schoolhouse Fabrics. It was a former schoolhouse. It has three floors of fabrics, ranging from home dec., to quilting to apparel fabrics. They also have numerous notions and a great source of buttons. They also have knitting yarns and other knitting items. It is about an hour from where I live.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the dress & jacket look fabulous! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...