Friday, August 24, 2007

Recent pattern purchases

Here are a few of my recent pattern purchases. They have been acquired over the past month or so.

I have the perfect jacket fabric for this one but I am searching high and low to find the right black fabric for the dress. I ordered some tencel fabric from Sewing Studio recently as part of their recent summer ending sale. It was listed as black. What I got was navy blue. But I liked the navy blue so well and it was a great price, so I decided to keep it.










This one I purchased over a month ago. It looks summerish and it may end up being next year but I am hoping I can capture a summer into fall look with it.








This one caught my eye as soon as I saw it. Little did I know at the time that it was going to be such a big hit as a result of the ode to this pattern in the current Sew Stylish Magazine. They have created some really great garments with variations of the skirt, the jacket and the pants. After reading Carolyn's comments on her blog about how inspiring this issue of the magazine was, I had to go out and buy it today. She was right they have made some really nice garments from this one pattern. Truly inspiring.








I fell in love with this blouse pattern when I received my Vogue Patterns catalog in the mail a few weeks ago. I immediately snatched this one up.

2 comments:

  1. Linda ~ I hadn't noticed that Vogue blouse pattern before. Are you planning to make it to wear under a suit? Now I have to go back to the mag and the website and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that blouse pattern right away also, but I'll have to wait for the next sale as I forgot to pick it up when I was at the store. I liked the neckline combined with the waistline darts. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished version.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...