Thursday, June 14, 2007

Skirt progress

This evening after dinner I took time to go into the sewing room to work on the skirt. I attached the elastic to the skirt and then turned and stitched down the elastic by stitching in the ditch of each top panel piece.

The hem is to be 5/8 inch. I am going to use Summerset's technique of stitching bias binding to the hem and then turning that up to stitch the hem.

Then I need to decide what is my next project. I have three dresses in mind to make, all being a woven fabric. I also want to try the New Look faux wrap dress pattern that I keep seeing others reviewing on PR. There are about 20+ reviews for this pattern and most contain very helpful information for sewing up this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...