Thank you Juliet! Skirt is 95% complete

I want to say "Thank You" to Juliet W. who responded to my request for help with the zipper issue I was having with my current skirt project. She suggested that I sew the point end of the dart where the zipper was to be inserted. This truly helped in getting rid of this strange pucker I had.

I had to redo the waistband attachment to my skirt as the skirt was a little tight through the tummy and high hip area in the back right below the waist band. To do this, I let out the right side dart and reduced the back darts sewing them in a curve to give a tad more room through the back hip area. I could have let out the center back seam as well but the fitting issues were in the areas noted.

I also had to cut out the side/back waistband piece adding an additional inch to that piece. This worked perfectly giving me the extra I need to have the turn at the side seam fastenings. I also cut off 2 additional inches from the skirt at the hem line. I really wanted a shorter skirt and even though I adjusted the pattern piece by 1.5 inches initially adding the waist band extended the length of the skirt.

I saw Summerset's beautiful striped dress on Sew Retro and then went to her blog site and read her great tutorial on using bias tape for hemming a full skirt. I plan to use this technique with this skirt. I am letting the skirt hang overnight to allow the front godet which is on bias to "grow" if it does. Attaching the bias and turning up small hem to stitch and added hook and eyes to side closure will be the final 5%.

Comments

  1. I'm glad Julet W responded to your question on the zipper - I was curious what the answer would be also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New Look 6469

Downsizing Pattern Stash

Pamela's Pattern Pretty Peplum

Sewcialists

Sewcialists