Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I'm Home

I made it back from Norfolk late afternoon/early evening.

My visit to Fabric Hut was great! What a nice store. I wrote a review of them on Pattern Review this evening. This store has it all-apparel fabric as well as quilting and home dec fabrics. Very nice employees. They had numerous tables of very nice wool and wool blend fabrics. Some rather pricey and some very reasonable. The pricey ones were really top quality wool IMHO. They had tables of silks, linen and blends thereof. They swimwear knits, as well as matte jersey, wool jersey and more.

Buttons galore! I found buttons for my jacket. One set of buttons I found I truly loved but they were intended for washable fabrics only. My jacket will be drycleaned. I found some other suitable buttons for the jacket. I also purchased a set of retro/vintage looking black buttons as well as a square type button with brown trim around a lighter shade center. I have nothing at this point for their use but thought I need to have more buttons in my stash.

They had patterns as well as a bridal/formal wear fabrics and gown patterns section. There were lot of notions, threads and zippers.

I only alloted myself about an hour of shopping time. Wish I had had more time but really needed to get on the road to avoid some potential heavy traffic later in the day.

I did purchase some wool fabric as well as silk. I will take photos of all and post tomorrow.

Glad to be home. Tomorrow's return to work will be hectic catching up on three days worth of work.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I can't wait to see your new fabrics & buttons!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...