Saturday, April 01, 2006

Project in work

I don't know if others do this, probably so. I pulled some fabrics from my fabric collection and matched them with patterns to sew. Thus the recent skirt I made. Meanwhile I ordered fabric from Vogue Fabrics which arrived a week or two ago. All of a sudden, I have to make an outfit with some of the new fabric.

The outfit was bubbling in my mind early on and I knew I wanted to make it up soon. But now it has worked its way above all others.

I have pin fitted the Vogue pattern I am using. That is I pin fitted the shorter jacket view and the blouse/top. I made my usual fitting adjustments. I then proceeded cutting out the fabric. I am undecided about the skirt. I am 5'3" and sometimes I think the long skirts shortened me, unless I am wearing a high heel. I like the look of the skirt and may decide to shorten it some.

I also just purchased a Viking Embroidery Card called Endless Sensations. The reason for the purchase is two of the designs have some of the same elements of the blouse fabric and I want to try to incorporate that design onto the jacket and whatever skirt I finally decide on.

Here is a photo of the blouse fabric.


Here is a photo of the jacket/skirt fabric.



The blouse fabric is 100% polyester-feels like a microfiber.
The other fabric is a linen/poly blend.

Here is the pattern.


Well I am off to sew. I have more ideas and plans than time to complete.
Will give an update on this project soon.

3 comments:

  1. Love the KS3108 skirt. And the fabric for the new shirt and jacket/skirt is cute! Will you be finished by Thursday? Don't forget we have our meeting a week early this month. Off to look at the links you sent in the newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to be at ASG Thursday. Will not get all of my projects finished by Thursday. I have way too many and not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric! Can't wait to see the finished set!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...