Monday, March 27, 2006

PMB Yoked Skirt

I am not happy with my PMB drafted skirt. Perhaps the style is not right for the fabric, whatever! it is not coming together well at all. I have spent more time trying to get the fit right, the yoke to line up on the sides, added more darts. No matter what I did, it just does not look like it fits and it really doesn't. It is now a wadder! The bottom at the side seam just drapes too much. This was not what I had in mind when I drafted it.

But I have 2 yards left so I plan to make a gored skirt using a Kwik Sew pattern. I will trace and make tomorrow. I have some knit fabric I need to wash so I can make these up into tops. I also have 1 or 2 blouse patterns that I plan to make.

There is an interesting discussion or thread on blouses and tees at the new Artisan Square forum. In responding to this thread this morning, I realized I have not made a blouse pattern in over two years. The last one I made was using PMB. I have purchased several blouse patterns over the past several months. I should make them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...