Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sewing Blurb for Wednesday

I am thinking about sewing my jacket. I have not found time to squeeze in the actual sewing.

My thoughts have to do with the lining. Pattern did not call for one but I cut one from the original pattern pieces. My issue is that the front facing of this jacket is a cut-on facing. I used this piece for the lining as well. I keep thinking that I need to redraft that part so I could just sew it to the facing part of the actual jacket. I also think that I can just sew the lining as is to the jacket. I did not allow any seam allowance for this, so I am thinking I will sew a 1/8 or 1/4 seam.

I really need to sit down and work this out. So little time, so many things to design and sew. Speaking of time, got to go, time for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...