LH Tuxedo Jacket Complete


I have been under the weather for a few days so have not posted updates.

I completed the Tuxedo jacket on Monday. It turned out well. I wrote a review for Pattern Review. Click on "My Pattern Reviews" in side bar for additional detailed information.

The fabric I used made the jacket fairly stiff. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I thought it would be softer. The fabric choices listed on the pattern envelope included raw silk. My fabric is tussah silk which to my thinking falls in that category. Perhaps silk noil or silk linen or silk shantung would be softer choices.

There were a few fitting adjustments made, such as adding a smidge to bust area, and 1/2 inch to back hip area. Next time I may take up the upper back seam some. The photo, see Miscellaneous sidebar for photos of this jacket under the LH Album, makes the back look wider than it is. I think it is because the photo is such a close up.

I am happy with the jacket and I will make another jacket from the pattern.

Not sure what my next project will be. I have several ideas in mine. I have cut out and ready for sewing the LH Butterfly Bag. I want to remake the Hot Pattern Plain and Simple T again and have another test knit to try. First attempt was not a success.

More later.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Loss of a sewing icon

Downsizing Pattern Stash

Pamela's Pattern Pretty Peplum

Sewcialists

Sewcialists