Columbus Day sewing

I was able to do some sewing this weekend and completed my second Presto Popover top.  I posted about the first one which was more of a test than the actual planned top.  Interestingly I ended up using another rayon knit fabric in blue acquired from Gorgeous Fabrics in 2014.

This version turned out much better than the previous one.  I stuck with the pattern as is, meaning all adjustments I made previously with the shoulders, I did not do with this one allowing the yoke to fall in place as designed.

I still have a lot of fabric at the neckline and I had a ureka moment after I completed the top.  The next version, and there will be, I will pleat out some of the fullness on the pattern before cutting out the fabric.  The height of the collar in the back is just too much for my liking.

Sorry no photos of the finished top.  Once I completed it, I had several other things on my holiday list to do.

I did wash some knit fabrics that I recently posted about, getting them ready for my next projects.

Back to work tomorrow!  If you had the opportunity to have today as a holiday I hope it was a good one.


Comments

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing This and That 9-2017

Checking In

On to the next project!

Sewcialists

Sewcialists