Friday, June 27, 2014

M6887 passes its test!

I wore the McCall's dress yesterday to work and for late evening meeting.  The dress passed the wearability test with flying colors.
Front View

Back view

Of course here are the semi side and side views



I decided to go beltless as my waist does not exist and I am used to not wearing belts.  The print is very busy so the dress looks more like a sheath style dress.

I can see me making another dress from this pattern, using blocking and piping.  With all fitting adjustments made, it should be an easier dress to make the next time.

I do now realize what I did with the sleeves was not exactly what I should have done.  It was not a huge wearing issue yesterday.

Up next--still to be decided.

20 comments:

  1. That is a great fit. I am off to look up the pattern. The style is wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dress! I can see why you will make another version. You've nailed the fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I really should make another one as this took on a life of it's own at one point.

      Delete
  3. Your dress is beautiful. Love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress looks perfect on you - and yes, skimming the waist is the way to go for us rectangles! The colours suit you perfectly as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thank you for your comments. I think skimming the waist works best too!

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda, your dress is amazing and it fits perfectly. You're a great sewer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fantastic job on the fit.... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning dress, Linda! You achieved a wonderful fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! It took some time to make but I am pleased with the outcome.

      Delete
  8. Linda, this dress looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, passes the test most certainly! It looks "balanced" when you wear it, fitting your figure perfectly. Very good job with your alterations, I'd make this again as many ways as you can think of! Each variation can make it look like a completely different dress! Congrats!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie for your very kind words. I do plan to make again particularly as I have the pattern adjusted for fit; the next version should be quicker to sew the second time around.

      Delete
  10. Love the way your tits bulge out of that dress

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...