Monday, December 30, 2013

McCall's 6844

I made all the pattern adjustments this morning to the pattern-two people indicated that the shoulder was long so made an adjustment to the length.  I found the sleeves to be very snug when pin fitting the pattern so added width to those.  I also made swayback and forward shoulder adjustment. 

I also made a small FBA.  I know most people said the pattern ran large.  I purchased the xs-s-m size pattern based on upper chest measurement and will cut out the medium size pattern buying.  The finished width per the pattern is 36 which is a tad to snug for me.  Decided that I needed this adjustment and since it is a stretch fabric I would not made a larger than an inch FBA.  I think before I cut into this boucle knit fabric:
I will sew up a double knit that I have in my stash that I have used in some other projects and have enough to test the pattern with it.  If it works, then I will have another cardigan to wear in a different color.

Off to the sewing room-trying to make good use of my vacation time getting in some sewing!  This cardigan jacket was to be my December Project of the Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...