Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pamela's Pattern perfected!

I thoroughly reviewed the fitting issues with the tested boatneck top.  I realized that I needed to align what becomes the shoulder seam with the shoulder point at the top of the arm on the base pattern and not what I had done previously.  In doing that the armholes lined up correctly and this allowed for the forward shoulder adjustments made on the base pattern.

Once I did that, I tested a second top from a lighter weight knit fabric that I had purchased from Fabric.com several years ago.
I never liked the color or the look of the fabric once I got it. It is has been in stash waiting for the right moment and it was just enough to make the front and back test garment.   It worked well for the test garment and after making the correct shoulder alignment, I have found a perfect boatneck top for me!!!







I cut out another top this AM using fabric acquired from Gorgeous Fabrics several years ago. (Sorry no photo of the fabric at this time.)  It is an unusual looking knit with a someone ombre look to it yet all the color shading is on the diagonal.  It goes well with a recent crepe fabric purchase that will become a skirt.  I have enough of this knit fabric to make several more tops, or a skirt, or perhaps dress.  The back of this knit could be used as the right side as well.

I had planned to use another fabric but decided that the boatneck was not the right style for this fabric.  It will become a top eventually.  Perhaps better as a cowl neck.

I also have another pattern waiting to be cut out and pin fitted to make another knit top, more of sweater knit.  This knit has been around for over 12 years; it is now aged enough to make a casual knit top using this Butterick pattern. I purchased the pattern to make the one the model is wearing; my fabric is a lot like the color of the cowl neck tunic and somewhat thicker.   The tunic pattern is very long and would need to be shorter for me.  The short version is not long enough.  I am a long waisted, short/petite person.  The length from waist to hip on me is very short.  So the shorter version I would have to lengthen by at least 1-2 inches for it to fall just below my waistline.  I am not sure that the boxy look is right for me and will have to see what  works best after pin fitting the pattern.

More updates later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...