Monday, November 19, 2012

Not successful!

Well my first attempt in making the Alma blouse has not been successful.  I did not trust my instincts when it came to selecting the size I should use.  I know how Vogue, Butterick and Simplicity are going to fit and can almost make my usual fitting adjustments with out much to do.

I did not trust the sizing and should have because I went with the above pattern size and the top was too large.  I tried to make fitting adjustments; with each one I made it seemed to get worse not better.

The fabric was somewhat off grain as well and I thought I had made the right adjustments to straighten it out.  Selecting the wrong size, wonky fabric coupled with growing frustration,  I decided to walk away from this project at this time.  I have plenty others to work on.


4 comments:

  1. Well I'm sorry to hear about this experience but at least you've walked away, I've definitely had to do this (haven't we all?) and come back to projects months or maybe even a year later if at all but I think it's better for my sanity that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was definitely for my sanity. Too many other projects I want to work on without getting hung up on this one.

      Delete
  2. Such a bummer the first go around couldn't be salvaged, but the three views are stylish. It's nice you can refresh with something else before going back to try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bummer; really was "operator" error(s). Really a nice pattern and will tackle it again in the near future.

      Delete

I am adding comment moderation as I found recently some comments that really have nothing to do with the post at hand. I may decide to change this in the future. Sorry a few bad apples ruin something for many!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin