Sunday, October 31, 2010

De ja vu!

Well my dress is looking a lot like the photo on the right side, only better.  That photo is of the previous version. The skirt portion I kept so that is the same.

I sewed a lot today.  The lining is attached using a combination of the pattern instructions and my own method.  I am ready to insert the zipper, then sew the side seams.  Then I only have to hem the dress and the lining-yeah!  I see an end insight.

I just was not going to let this dress defeat me and I was not going to let this lovely fabric be wasted.  I am liking the fit of the dress now that I got the upper bodice and midriffs to fit and insert properly!

I am ready to move on to some other projects.  I think I am going to make a few tops that will be easy-peasy to make.  I need some new ones for the fall/winter.  I also want to make a few jackets and of course a few dresses.

Photos and more later.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't let the dress get the best of you. I'm right behind you as I complete somelong overdue projects, and then work on stuff for me. :)
    I hope all is well with you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're glad you didn't give up! That dress turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...