Saturday, April 04, 2009

Sewing going on here

We had a change of plans for today. (I am so grateful.) Thus I was able to fit in my Saturday AM Curves session. After that I returned home and completed the hem on my green top-ready to wear now.

I decided to take care of some UFOs. I stitched the facings to the lining on my skirt and sewed on the hook and eyes. I plan to wear the skirt and maybe the green top to work on Wednesday and then to our ASG meeting. I have not done a show and tell at one of our meetings in some time now.

I purchased some pastel colored snaps recently from Nancy's Notions. I have a Snap Setter Tool that I purchased perhaps five years ago and have never used it. Don't know why, just never did. The KS cardigan and tank top I made recently still needed buttons. But I have yet find what I wanted in my limited button universe. So I decided after seeing several similar cardigans with nice snaps that I would try this. The pastel snaps are blue, green, yellow and pink. The yellow snaps are perfect for this. I practiced on a knit piece of fabric with binding tape sewn on it to replicate my cardigan. The snap setter worked perfectly on the test.

I had to put aside my sewing to get ready to go out shopping and dining with DH so hope to attach snaps to the garment tonight. That will complete my UFOs for now.

I will start on the KS tri-color dress next. I have already planned my next two garments and will show case the fabric and my selections soon.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. What a good feeling--items DONE !! Good for you--now you can move on.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...