Saturday, January 15, 2022

Moved

My last post was to let you know that we were in the process of moving. We physically moved on Nov 30. I had to finish cleaning up the house we moved from so the seller could move forward with selling the house. I also was unpacking boxes at the new home. DH was cutting up the boxes to take to recycle center.

Let me say that this was very stressful with constantly going back and forth. The Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year holidays were very low key and the focus continued on setting up the new home. 

Then I had to deal with Omnicron which thankfully was more like having a cold but the fatigue and backache were brutal. Of course, my DH got it next. Thankfully we both had our vaccine shots plus booster which proved to be, I think, the reason for the mildness of this virus version.

I am still unpacking my office/sewing room. This has proved to be more challenging as this room is smaller than my previous room. It has taught me that I really have held on to too much "stuff" that can and has been eliminated. Yet I still have more.

On top of this my Husgavarna Designer 1 bit the dust. Prior to the move, when I would go to turn on the machine, it would flicker. I then would shut it off and then turn it back on and it worked. Last week this solution proved ineffective. The cost of having it repaired was more than I wanted to deal with. I decided that the bells and whistles on this machine were more than I ever used and decided to downsize. 

I remember when I purchased the Designer 1 it was close to $5k which seemed rather high and I could afford it as I was still working. Checking the prices of top-of-line machines today was an eye-opener. Way too much for my retirement living.

I have found a machine that is affordable and I read many reviews with most being very positive. I will take about my new machine in another post soon.

I will close this post with pics of my move-in room with all the clutter.  I have made more progress and will post that in the near future.




10 comments:

  1. Happy to hear from you! I hope you will get your sewing mojo in the New Year. Keep posting on your sewing room progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! I am slowly making progress. I have one more box to go through. Still having to decide where things should go.

      Delete
  2. Bummer on the omnicron visit, and the sewing machine biting the dust. "Too much things!" keeps ringing in one part of my head, but another part of my brain too often shouts it down with "Could be useful someday!" I look forward to reading about your new machine and sewing room setup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same voice in my head! I have made some progress on the sewing room.

      Delete
  3. The end of your year was very eventful. I'm glad both you and your DH are doing better. Hopefully you will get your sewing room sorted soon and I totally understand your feelings about the extra stuff. Can't wait to hear about which machine you decided upon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn! I am trying to set up the room so that everything has its place and works with everything else in the room. Hope to share more soon.

      Delete
  4. Moving is so tiring! I had Omicron also, no test, but I'm sure that was it. My backache had me miserable, fever was high at first then lower for almost a week. Vaxxed and boosted, like you. I hope you enjoy the new house, Happy New Year! Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Coco! I did not have a high fever, but the backache and fatigue were awful. I woke up feeling good but within an hour or so, the fatigue would wash over me and had to just lay down. Feeling better and making some more progress on the sewing room.

      Delete
  5. So glad you're getting settled into the new home. The fatigue was the absolute worst part of my Omicron experience. I am still not 100%, so I hope you all are well on the mend.

    I'm so glad you found a new replacement machine that works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a lingering cough that just pops up. I am liking my new machine and have yet to sew anything of significance. Just trying how it works.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...