Yesterday, I spent most of the day working on my second Laundry Day Tee. I was applying the neckband and things went wonky from there. I realized that my stitches were not sewing at the length I had set. The neckband itself was behaving poorly.
When I go through with this, it was a hot mess. One thing I hate is removing neckbands in some knit fabrics as there is a disaster waiting to happen. Because the stitch length was not correct, it was a bear to remove the stitches and of course, I ended up with holes in the front bodice.
I finally was able to get the neckband off, but it was a hot mess. I am going to try to save the neckline. I have enough fabric left over to make a cowl neck hoping this will salvage the top. I am sick to my stomach because to me this is a gorgeous fabric, the quality and the colors.
I have had some issues with my machine recently; when I turn it on lights flicker and does not startup. I have unplugged it and then plugged it back in, it then works. I am not sure if this is an electrical issue or something is about to crash with the machine. I purchased it new in 2015 and had it serviced once for some updates.
Even with this situation, it is nice to be sewing again!