Monday, October 18, 2021

Oh No!

 Yesterday, I spent most of the day working on my second Laundry Day Tee. I was applying the neckband and things went wonky from there. I realized that my stitches were not sewing at the length I had set. The neckband itself was behaving poorly.

When I go through with this, it was a hot mess. One thing I hate is removing neckbands in some knit fabrics as there is a disaster waiting to happen. Because the stitch length was not correct, it was a bear to remove the stitches and of course, I ended up with holes in the front bodice.

I finally was able to get the neckband off, but it was a hot mess. I am going to try to save the neckline. I have enough fabric left over to make a cowl neck hoping this will salvage the top. I am sick to my stomach because to me this is a gorgeous fabric, the quality and the colors.

I have had some issues with my machine recently; when I turn it on lights flicker and does not startup. I have unplugged it and then plugged it back in, it then works.  I am not sure if this is an electrical issue or something is about to crash with the machine.  I purchased it new in 2015 and had it serviced once for some updates.

Even with this situation, it is nice to be sewing again!

1 comment:

  1. I had issues years ago with a machine similar. Turned out to be a bad foot pedal. Keep that in mind. Sorry about those neckband frustrations.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...