Monday, June 28, 2021

Next Project S8416

 I recently purchased this pattern from eBay. I read several reviews on Pattern Review and posts were positive for this shirt. Some found shoulders too wide, as did I. I cut the shoulder width at size 12 and continued around the armscye for that size also.


The fabric was purchased from Sly Fox one or two years ago. It is a challis fabric in a royal blue stripe. I am planning on making View A or B. View B has a tab at the back.

I made several adjustments to the pattern this afternoon:  

Foward Shoulder Adjustments to Yoke and Sleeve cap

Forward Bust Adjustment of 1.25 inches using Palmer/Pletsch method

Swayback adjustment using Sandra Betzina's Fast Fit method.


I need to set up the sewing machine and serger. I will be ready to sew!




2 comments:

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...