Thursday, January 14, 2021

Laundry Day Tee-Twice

I have never made the Laundry Day Tee, though it may have been one of the first PDF patterns I purchased. Since the original draft, there was an update in 2017. That was the first one I used to print, tape and trace. I tried on the pattern and was very concerned about how it was looking.  I had used a Medium/Large for this. I was either going to have to spend a lot of time making numerous adjustments or print out the Large/X-Large.  Yes, I have put on some weight during Covid.

I decided to go to Pattern Review and read some recent reviews of this top. After reading through a few, I hit on one review that talked about using the full bust bodice piece. I went back to my PDF file and found I did not have that option. So off to Love Notion's website and yes there had been an update in January 2020. I was only a year late in taking advantage of this. Since I own the pattern, the updated one was in my previous order file with Love Notions! Yeah!

I again printed off the medium/large sizes with the 2020 updated version. I then taped and traced my sizes. I tried on the pattern and a much better fit with the full bust bodice piece. Yet I still had to make an FBA with this one. I added an inch. After trying on again with other usual adjustments-forward shoulders, high round and swayback adjustments. I found that I needed a deeper swayback adjustment from 5/8 to 3/4.

The changes have been made and I ready to cut out the fabric. 

I hate that I had to use a lot of paper and ink. I have thought about using a projector file but I am not wanting to spend the money. I need to find a local source for copy shop printing that could save me some paper, ink, and wear and tear of my printer.

More to follow!


6 comments:

  1. I am glad you found out about the update! Also, I have been hearing about these projector files a lot recently. Are they that much quicker to use? Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, I looked into a bit. You need a projector of course. I think you can project the pattern pieces onto paper and cut out. Some people I believe are projecting the pattern directly on to fabric. There are a lot of new to me projectors now available to use. Some inexpensive and some more expensive. There are some YouTube videos on how to use them. Some people have good results with projector files. I am trying to source copy shop options in my area. I recently purchased a PDF pattern on Pattern Review and used their service, I will do that again.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm sure you're aware of PDF Plotting printing service by now. They aren't local so it isn't "instant" but they ship FAST. They're in VA and even here in the tundra, I get mine pretty quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that I did not see this earlier!!! I am making another Laundry Day tee and wanted to see sizes I used with this one. I am aware of PDF Plotting; never tried them.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...