Friday, January 01, 2021

2020 IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR

 2020 was not the best year for me as it wasn't for many. I started the year continuing to reflect on my 50 year HS Reunion and the fun we all had. Then came Covid.

I watched and cried as I saw so many lose their loved ones and seeing so much death, with freezer trailers being used for storing bodies. Then Covid touched my family making it all the more real. My sister-in-law and husband both became infected with the virus; she asymptomatic and he became very ill. He was admitted to the hospital on November 7 and into ICU the next day. He spent a couple of weeks on a ventilator and then they performed a tracheotomy to help with his breathing the day before Thanksgiving. I remember talking to my SIL on Dec 12th about how much he was improving and the plan to move him to another hospital specializing in weaning people off the ventilator and into rehabilitation. We were all so happy and prayers being answered. Yet the next morning I got a call from her telling me he had passed away. I couldn't believe it and though prayers did help it was not meant to be. We could not travel home for the funeral making it even harder to accept this death.

Earlier this year my DH was diagnosed with mild to moderate dementia or Alzheimers. Both of my parents died from this illness and I know what to expect. This was not how I saw our retirement years being for us. Life is funny that way.

All of this has thrown me into a huge funk this year. My favorite thing to relieve stress is sewing and that wasn't happening much either.

So I am truly glad that 2020 is in the rearview mirror. I am determined to face 2021 with hope and some positivity. I am working and will continue to work on my getting out of the depression and funk that I have been in for several months. I saw a report on how young people are struggling with online schools and a follow-up they conducted a few months later. One young person said she told herself to deal with it and move on. She was very positive and her grades had improved.

From her mouth to my ears-I am going to deal with it and move on.

14 comments:

  1. I’m sorry to hear about the pain you experienced in 2020, and the loss of your BIL. May 2021 be kind, and your hope grow daily brighter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great deal of heartbreak in your post. Words simply aren't adequate, but all I have to let you know you are in my thoughts as you deal with your pain and sorrow and work to keep your own thoughts from overwhelming you. May you find peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary for your very kind words. I am moving forward, one day at a time!

      Delete
  3. I am sorry you had such a bad year. We hope the best comes to you soon. Regards from Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with you as you and your beloved husband. Make sure you take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May you find much peace and comfort this and every year thereafter. You will make it through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to a New Year, new You & New Memories in the making. You are always in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for what you've gone and continue to go through. I can't find the right words other than to say I will pray for you as you move on. Do to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Prayers are always appreciated. I am waking up with new hope and trying very hard to work on moving forward.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...