Sunday, July 07, 2019

Almost done! And new patterns.

I finally got the collar and collar band attached.  I also inserted the sleeves as well.  Unfortunately, I have not found the right buttons for this tunic.  What's in my stash is too large or not the right color.  I did find some brass snaps that are a dark brown which may work.  I have had pretty good success with my snap on tool and snaps.

I had several issues sewing this tunic, more operator than pattern issue.  Nonetheless, if I go the snap route I hope there is no screw-up.

Here is a shot of the tunic front that is completed. I will be closing this with left over right.
The left front band will be on top as the brown small designs look nicer than the right front band. It will also tie in with the right front design layout.

I recently broke down and purchased a couple new patterns.

This is OOP and found on eBay. 

Mimi G 8750

Mimi G 8889
I fell in love with Nakisha's NL 6314 top on her blog.   I have seen a few tops of this particular view.  I have some knits that I think will work well for this top. The top on MimiG 8750 also got my attention from Vanessa's blog, it's the gray one.  I don't need long sleeves and considering if I make it soon, I will try shorter sleeve length.

I have seen several reviews of the top for S8889.  I have some fabric recently purchased at a sale for $1.00 a yard, I bought the bolt and it cost me $4.00. I plan to make that in the near future.

That's it for now!


2 comments:

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...