Friday, February 22, 2019

Drawstrings

From reading my recent posts, you are aware that I have been sewing the Undercover Hoodie.  I decided to not add the waistband but instead use a drawstring.  I searched online and Amazon popped up with sources.  There were several options but I chose this one. They are 47 inches long which worked well for where the hoodie bottom falls on my body.



I truly like how they were packaged in a reusable pouch with zip slide at the top.




It also included tools to make insertion easier.


Not only was this useful for my current sewing project and also for replacing some drawstrings in a couple of my pj's.

For full disclosure, I am an Amazon Affiliate and could receive a commission if you used the link on under Amazon Associate.  

8 comments:

  1. These are so cool! What a great array of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are great! It's so hard to find a source for drawstrings. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had found it very hard to find drawstrings. I was actually surprised when I did a Google search to see that Amazon had this seller.

      Delete
  3. I saw the pic in the Bloglovin preview and said, “Oh my gosh where did she get those!!!” Lol!!! Will definitely use your link to purchase. And that tool is a Bodkin! They’re so handy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a drawstring threader, the pink one, and then two metal bodkins. I got lucky finding this, not sure why I had not found these on Amazon before. Thanks for using my link if you decide to try this.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...