Monday, July 30, 2018

New patterns and what's next

Topstitch in GA conducted a sale a couple of weeks ago and I purchased two patterns,  One is from a company called Friday Pattern Co.  I have not heard of this pattern source and purchased a square neck T pattern.  The other source was Pauline Alice who I am familar with but have not tried her patterns.  I had my eye on this pattern for sometime so with the sale I decided to buy.

I traced the Square Neck Top pattern and plan to pin fit the pattern this evening. The fabric I plan to use has been in the stash for sometime. I searched my pictures of previous years fabrics and could not find it.  I think that it may have come from Fabric Mart also. It is light floral print and I believe it is a cotton knit.  

I have made the tweaks I posted about in my last post about the Bobbie Top from Jalie.  I also cut out the fabric which is a black and white striped poly knit from Fabric Mart.  I purchased this fabric along with several solid knits in 2013.  Most all the solids have been sewn and this has been waiting for the right pattern.  Hopefully I lined up the stripes well when cutting.  I did eliminate the bust dart that I had in the first version.  I was concerned that the dart would misalign the stripe matching at the side seams. I also made a 1/2 inch horizontal tuck in the upper chest and back as another tweak to this pattern.  I think this will help bring the underarm seams up and a better look for me.

More later!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about Pauline Alice; hopefully that one works out for you. That square neck top is cute too. Amazing how many Indie companies there are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need as many dresses as I use to but I think these dresses can be casual or business depending on the view and fabric. It is amazing how many Indie companies there are.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...